pandoras-blog.blogspot.com

rss

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Winter Sucks Donkey Balls

Hate you, winter!

I can't remember the last winter when there was this much snow over so many months. Blah! Sometimes I wish I could pick Toronto up and plunk it in the middle of the Caribbean. Then it would truly be the perfect place to live!

But no. This is my reality.

Le sigh.

The really depressing thing is that there might be another storm on Friday, which is when my mom, my SO and I are supposed to fly to Halifax. Can you say "airport delays"? Plus, I think the Maritimes has even more snow than here, and I'm the one who is going to be driving the rental car all week. I haven't driven in snow in years. Oh, man.

The only good thing about this winter is that I've had more "working from home" days than ever. My boss doesn't expect me to make the slog to Scarberia in weather like this. It would take an hour an a half or more. Nope, not gonna do it. So I'm checking my work email every once in a while, and in the meantime I can start packing for the trip. First thing in the suitcase will be longjohns. Ugh.

0 comments: